Mold "remediation" is about as old as the bible itself! did you know it was the first to:
1. Establish the uncleanliness of a toxic mold presence
2. Establish a "post verification test"
The scripture is Leviticus 14: 43-48, it's actually impressively detailed. So apparently mold has been a household/business pest for thousands of years! As time passed we now have rules and guidelines which are now established by respectable and reputable non-profit organizations.Modern day mold remediation is more complicated and is now more prominent than ever calling for a demand on this service which ultimately brought you to this question " How much does it cost to remove mold?"
There are a lot of factors that come into play when it comes to estimating a remediation project such as:
1. severity of the mold/how far spread or how many areas affected?
2. possible mold travel outside the original scope of work
3. how many air filtration devices will be used? how many filters will be changed?
4. ppe/ personal protective equipment
5. disposal of contaminated debris
6. how many days will it take for the certified technicians to complete the job?
7. set up of containment barriers paired with decontamination chambers (think twice about using a company who does not use this)
8.what kind of building material will be removed to access the mold? (drywall,plaster,wood, etc)
9.access to the property...is it a far travel to our work vehicle yielding the way to more labor and time to complete the job.
The items listed above is an insight to how an estimator thinks on a project when estimating a mold remediation project, now how about the cost? how is that determined? Below gives you an average cost for equipment, labor and material.
1. Containment barriers: charged by the sq ft at $0.75 - $1.50. Add an extra $15 per zipper.
Used to prevent cross contamination and act as a barrier to keep mold spores isolated to the contained area.
2. Air filtration device/ negative air machine/ air scrubber: charged per unit per day at $95 - $150.
Used to control the environmental conditions, this unit when under negative air pressure will draw air particals/ mold spores to the unit which are filtrated through the HEPA filter
3. Personal protective equipment: charged $7.50 per unit which includes Disposable coveralls, tape, gloves, and mask.
Used to prevent exposure to microbial contaminates
4.Disposal fees: Charged standard at $175 this is for one pick up truck full of trash.
5. Hepa filters and pre filters: $195 - $225
used with the air filtration device, pre filters are changed daily at the end of the day.
6.Removal of contaminated building material: charged per sq ft $1.25 - $2.50
There are minimum cost that most companies will charge.
The above prices and descriptions is enough to give you an idea on how much your mold remediation project should cost, just add all the factors and you should get a good idea on cost. Most remediations will be 3 days minimum with a clearance test included.
FTR Restoration, Inc provides free mold remediation estimates Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (PROPERTY OWNERS ONLY) FTR's technicians are experienced and certified.
Its always the best choice to use a certified experienced professional when dealing with your property and health!
Have a question about this blog? feel to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website to follow us on social media for videos and photos of our work www.first2respond.com